Mass Schedule & Announcements
5:00 p.m. Saturday Vigil
10:00 a.m. Sunday
11:30 a.m. Latin Sunday
HARVEY RECOVERY With the Rectory being repaired from the flooding, there will be no Daily Masses.
Fridays Fish and Shrimp Dinners: 4:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. $8.00 a plate. Menu: Fish, Shrimp or Combo with Cole Slaw, Fries and Hushpuppies. Last one is March 23rd.
Stations of Cross in church every Friday during Lent 6 p.m.; Communion Service and Benediction will follow.
HOLY WEEK SCHEDULE:
March 24-25 Palm Sunday Mass Times: Saturday Vigil: 5:00 pm; Sunday 10 am & Latin Mass 11:30 am
Tuesday March 27 Chrism Mass at St. Anthony Basilica, Beaumont 6:30 pm. The Oil of the Sick and the Oil of the Catechumens will be blessed and the Sacred Chrism consecrated. These oils will be distributed to all the parishes, missions, hospitals and prison ministry in the diocese. Also, the priests of the Diocese will renew their promise to Bishop Guillory and to the people. All are invited.
Thursday, March 29, Evening Mass of the Lord’s Supper will begin at 6:00 pm, Church
Friday, March 30, Stations of the Cross in Church, 12:00 noon; 2:30 pm Confessions, Church; 3:00 pm Passion of the Lord Service, Church
Saturday, March 31, Easter Vigil 7:00 pm, Church
Sunday, April 1, Easter Sunday, 10:00 am. & 11:30 am Latin Mass
ADULT FAITH FORMATION THE BIBLE TIMELINE, Jeff Cavins (Sessions 11-23) Sundays at the parish hall meeting room. Coffee and Breakfast Refreshments will begin at 8:00 a.m. and the Class will start 8:30 a.m.—9:30 a.m. This time frame, January 7-April 1st, will complete the DVD series of The Bible Timeline. Let us continue our time together by discovering the amazing story woven throughout Scripture Learn how the key people, places, and events in the Bible fit together to reveal God is plan for humanity Study the Bible from a Catholic perspective and see how our faith is rooted in Sacred Scripture. Call Parish Office for more info, 769-2865.
Readings for the Week of March 18, 2018
- Sunday: Jer 31:31-34 / Ps 51:3-4, 12-13, 14-15 [12a] / Heb 5:7-9 / Jn 12:20-33
- Sunday: Scrutiny: Ez 37:12-14 / Ps 130:1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8  / Rom 8:8-11 / Jn 11:1-45 or 11:3-7, 17, 20-27, 33b-45
- Monday: 2 Sm 7:4-5a, 12-14a, 16 / Ps 89:2-3, 4-5, 27, 29  / Rom 4:13, 16-18, 22 / Mt 1:16, 18-21, 24a or Lk 2:41-51a
- Tuesday: Nm 21:4-9 / Ps 102:2-3, 16-18, 19-21  / Jn 8:21-30 or 2 Kgs 4:18b-21, 32-37 / Ps 17:1, 6-7, 8b and 15 [15b] / Jn 11:1-45
- Wednesday: Dn 3:14-20, 91-92, 95 / Dn 3: 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 [52b] / Jn 8:31-42 or 2 Kgs 4:18b-21, 32-37 / Ps 17:1, 6-7, 8b and 15 [15b] / Jn 11:1-45
- Thursday: Gn 17:3-9 / Ps 105:4-5, 6-7, 8-9 [8a] / Jn 8:51-59 or 2 Kgs 4:18b-21, 32-37 / Ps 17:1, 6-7, 8b and 15 [15b] / Jn 11:1-45
- Friday: Jer 20:10-13 / Ps 18:2-3a, 3bc-4, 5-6, 7 [cf. 7] / Jn 10:31-42 or 2 Kgs 4:18b-21, 32-37 / Ps 17:1, 6-7, 8b and 15 [15b] / Jn 11:1-45
- Saturday: Ez 37:21-28 / Jer 31:10, 11-12abcd, 13 [cf. 10d] / Jn 11:45-56 or 2 Kgs 4:18b-21, 32-37 / Ps 17:1, 6-7, 8b and 15 [15b] / Jn 11:1-45
- Next Sunday: Mk 11:1-10 or Jn 12:12-16 / Is 50:4-7 / Ps 22:8-9, 17-18, 19-20, 23-24 [2a] / Phil 2:6-11 / Mk 14:1—15:47 or 15:1-39
OUR LADY OF LOURDES CATHOLIC PARISH
We extend a warm welcome to anyone new to our parish family and our many visitors who celebrate with us through out the year. Reminder, please register at your local parish if you have recently moved, or even if you have been attending for years. When in doubt, call parish office. Receiving Sacraments at a parish does not always mean you are a registered member. By registering in a parish, you are declaring your desire to be part of a Catholic faith community. Registration forms can be found at the entrance of church or call parish office. Thank you.
Calendar of Events
2017-2018 OUR LADY OF LOURDES CYM CALENDAR
6 Service - cook at Lamar Lamar
25 Possible - Local World Youth Day- Location - TBD
22 DYLT Meeting -Lamar CSC
28 JH, HS, Adult Volleyball Tournament
7 Convention Meeting
8 Service -Hospitality Ctr.
20 DYLT Meeting
20-23 Annual Youth Convention
Hyatt Regency Houston
*J-I Forms are required on all events (permission slip)
*J-H Forms are required on all Dio events (only to be filled out once a yr.)
*copy of insurance card is needed to be kept on file
To transport students to events can be individually by parents or by several parents taking turns to carry a car full. For that to happen a parent must see me to give info for background check.
Looking for a year filled with growth😊
Thank you for your support,
email@example.com (409) 658-2423
Closed for Lunch from Noon-1:00 PM